Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Review: Funko Gremlins Christmas Gizmo ReAction Figure


Funko Gremlins Christmas Gizmo ReAction FigureI wanted to wait to open the Gremlins figures for Christmas reviews... maybe that was a mistake. The quality of this line has been up and down, which resulted in my initial reaction (oh wow! I'll buy every last one of these!) to apprehension to disappointment. I had three Doc Browns break out of the package. A Predator seemed OK, but it turns out the joint in the arm wasn't actually turning - it was twisting and broke off. Boiling water helped loosen some stuck joints, but the night I opened Christmas Gizmo, I found he had a stuck right arm. I figured, well, let's try the Cinema Gremlin - all five joints were stuck and couldn't move. Stripe with Chainsaw had one stuck arm, but the legs were warped so he can't stand. Since the Mogwai Stripe and Billy Peltzer figures I looked at earlier were both good, this was really heartbreaking. I'm going to see if I can boil or freeze the joints into working order, but generally it just means something is going to break. With that in mind, let me preemptively advise caution - Funko makes a lot of neat stuff, but their return policies and CS on broken toys is basically "take it back to the store." With that in mind, I advise strongly on buying these figures to leave in the packaging if you plan to buy them at all. This isn't meant to sound like sour grapes, but when 3 of the 5 figures have assembly problems we've got real issues.
[ READ THE FULL REVIEW ]

No comments:

Post a Comment