Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Review: Funko Universal Monsters Phantom of the Opera ReAction Figure


Funko Universal Monsters Phantom of the Opera ReAction FigureThe vinyl cape is back! As a kid, I hated them - my Jawa had a cloth cape and my Darth Vader's cape started to split at the shoulders pretty quickly, requiring the fabrication of a felt replacement. It's a strange trick to add some depth to a figure that was more or less dead by 1981, so Funko's Phantom of the Opera is one of very few figures - along with Dracula in this line - to bring it back. It's one of those things that I can appreciate stylistically, because if this was a lost late-1970s figure it would have that cape. Since it isn't going into any vehicles, I've got no problem with it - but as a child, I can't tell you how much I disliked these.
[ READ THE FULL REVIEW ]

No comments:

Post a Comment